Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed is the twin to Geistlich Bio-Gide®, a collagen membrane for reliable bone regeneration and optimal tissue integration.1-3 In comparison, Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed has a smoother surface, is firmer in touch and easier to cut.4 Therefore it is especially suitable for dentists who would like alternative handling properties.4 Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed should be used in combination with a space-creating bone graft material such as autologous bone, Geistlich Bio-Oss® or Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen.
- Schwarz F et al. Clin. Oral Implants Res
- Rothamel D et al. Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2005; 16(3): 369-378. (Pre-clinical study)
- Schwarz F et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2014 Sept;25(9):1010-5. (Clinical study)
- Data on File. Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland. (Non-clinical)
- Jung RE, et al.: Clin Oral Implants Res. 2013; 24(10):1065-73
- Pubmed September 2016. Search Term: Bio-Gide
- iData Research Inc., US Dental Bone Graft Substitutes and other Biomaterials Market, 2015
- iData Inc., European Dental Bone Graft Substitutes and other Biomaterials Market, 2015.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed is naturally resorbable and does not have to be removed in a second surgery. Thereby it simplifies the surgery technique.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed: Feel the difference!
- Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed has been designed by Geistlich's collagen experts to offer a membrane that combines the unique biofunctionality of Geistlich Bio-Gide® with an alternative handling4
- Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed has a smoother surface, is firmer in touch and easier to cut than Geistlich Bio-Gide®4
- Just like Geistlich Bio-Gide® the membrane does not have to be removed in a second surgery
- Long-term data over 12 to 14 years show predictable results of bone augmentations with Geistlich Bio-Oss® and Geistlich Bio-Gide®5
Geistlich Bio-Gide® is a collagen membrane, validated by over 20 years of successful use in more than 4.5 million patients and documented in more than 250 scientific publications.6-8
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed is based on Geistlich Bio-Gide®, offering an alternative handling for those dentists who prefer a firmer membrane.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed should be used in combination with a void-filling bone graft material such as autologous bone or Geistlich Bio-Oss® or Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen. Application of Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed membrane is easy:
- Measure the defect with a periodontal probe.
- Cut the dry collagen membrane to the desired shape and size.
- Apply dry with the rough side facing the defect.
- Moisten the membrane in situ with blood from the defect.
Fixation by sutures or pins is possible.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed is a unique bilayer collagen membrane made of porcine collagen.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Compressed is available in two convenient sizes:
- 13 x 25 mm
- 20 x 30 mm
Not all products presented on this website are registered and approved for sale and usage in all countries or regions by the relevant authorities. Indications of use may also vary by country and region. Please contact your country representative of Geistlich Pharma AG for product availability and information.