Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a ready-to-use matrix with a convenient circular shape. The matrix provides an alternative to soft-tissue grafts. Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is indicated for the sealing of extraction sockets with preserved buccal walls in combination with Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen in ridge preservation procedures. The matrix establishes predictable dimensions for soft-tissue management.
- Geistlich Mucograft® Seal Advisory Board Meeting Report, 2013. Data on file, Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
- Jung R, et al.: J. Clin Periodontol 2013; 40(1): 90-98. (clinical study)
- Thoma D, et al.: J. Clin Periodontol 2012; 39: 157-65. (clinical study)
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Mucograft® Seal:
- Minimal invasion1,2.
- No harvest site morbidity1.
- Creates predictable soft-tissue dimensions for later soft-tissue management and allows for flexible timing of implant placement1.
- Early implant placement possible 8-10 weeks after extraction1.
- Reduced surgical chair-time compared with autologous grafts1.
- Faster soft-tissue wound healing compared with autologous grafts3.
- Natural soft-tissue colour and texture match1,3.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal consists of two structures: the compact structure provides stability while allowing open healing; the spongy structure supports blood clot stabilisation and ingrowth of soft-tissue cells.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a small round matrix designed to seal sockets with preserved buccal walls following ridge preservation.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is easy to handle:
- No need for pre-treatment or pre-hydration.
- De-epithelialise adjacent soft-tissue margins before applying Geistlich Mucograft® Seal, thus promoting soft-tissue cell migration into the matrix.
- Position the compact structure facing outwards and the spongy structure towards the extraction socket.
- Suture using non-resorbable sutures, not glue.
- Close adaptation of the matrix to tissue borders can be accomplished by single interrupted sutures, double interrupted sutures or cross sutures.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a porcine collagen matrix for soft-tissue regeneration in extraction sockets.
It is available in a convenient circular form:
- Geistlich Mucograft® Seal 8 mm diameter collagen matrix
- Geistlich Mucograft® Seal 12 mm diameter collagen matrix
Not all products presented on this website are registered and approved for sale and usage in all countries or regions by the relevant authorities. Indications of use may also vary by country and region. Please contact your country representative of Geistlich Pharma AG for product availability and information.