Geistlich Bio-Oss® is the leading natural bone substitute in regenerative dentistry worldwide1,2. The outstanding osteo-conductive properties of Geistlich Bio-Oss® lead to effective and predictable bone regeneration3-5. Geistlich Bio-Oss® particles become an integral part of the newly formed bone framework and preserve volume over the long-term6-9. Subsequent application of a Geistlich Bio-Gide® collagen membrane enables undisturbed regeneration in the augmented area10.
- Millennium Research Group, Dental Biomaterials North America, 2018 (Market research).
- Millennium Research Group, Dental Biomaterials Europe, 2018 (Market research).
- Orsini G et al.,Oral Dis. 2007, Nov;13(6):586–93 (Clinical study).
- Jung R et al., Clin Oral Implants Res. 2013 Oct;24(10):1065–73 (Clinical study).
- Aghaloo TL et al., Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2007; 22(suppl):49–70 (Clinical study).
- Maiorana C et al., Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2005 Feb;25(1):19–25.(Clinical study)
- Traini T et al., J Periodontol. 2007 May; 78(5):955–61 (Clinical study).
- Mordenfeld A et al., Clin. Oral Implant Res. 2010, Sep;21(9):961–70 (Clinical study).
- Galindo-Moreno P et al., Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2013 Dec;15(6):858-66 (Clinical Study).
- Perelman-Karmon M et al., Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent.2012 Aug;32(4):459–65 (Clinical study).
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Bio-Oss® because:
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® augmented bone leads to high implant survival rates, comparable with implants placed in pristine bone4,5
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is easy to apply and can be used in the most varied indications
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is validated by over 30 years of successful use and testing, documented in more than 1000 scientific publications
In the 1980s, Dr. Peter Geistlich was the first to remove organic components from bone material without changing the natural microstructure and bone composition. Nowadays, Geistlich Bio-Oss® is regarded as the state-of-the-art bone substitute in dental bone regeneration – meeting the requirement from clinicians for predictable outcomes.
Geistlich Bio-Oss® delivers excellent handling and provides reproducible quality in daily clinical use.
- Before application, Geistlich Bio-Oss® is mixed with autogenous blood or a saline solution. Its hydrophilic properties promote rapid and complete hydration
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is easily modelled and adheres optimally to the walls of the defect site
- Excessive compression should be avoided in order to leave room for new bone ingrowth
- Subsequent application of a collagen membrane such as Geistlich Bio-Gide® enables unimpeded bone regeneration
Geistlich Bio-Oss® is available in five convenient quantities of small or large granules, which adapt easily to defect sites.
Small Geistlich Bio-Oss® granules (0.25 – 1 mm)
- Allows good adaptation to surrounding surface contours
- Particularly useful for smaller defects and autogenous block graft contouring
- Available in the following sizes:
- 0.25 g ~ 0.5 cc
- 0.5 g ~ 1 cc
- 1 g ~ 2 cc
- 2 g ~ 4 cc
Large Geistlich Bio-Oss® granules (1 – 2 mm)
- Recommended for larger bone augmentations.
- Available in the following sizes:
- 0.5 g ~ 1.5 cc
- 1 g ~ 3 cc
- 2 g ~ 6 cc
*Product availability may vary from country to country
Not all products presented on this website are registered and approved for sale and usage in all countries or regions by the relevant authorities. Indications of use may also vary by country and region. Please contact your country representative of Geistlich Pharma AG for product availability and information.