Get your career off to a flying start at Geistlich Pharma AG.
We offer five exciting apprenticeships at our sites in Root and Wolhusen. We want to help shape your career prospects and get your professional life off to a flying start in a way that offers you plenty of variety and actually reflects what goes on in practice. Our highly motivated vocational trainers are on hand with support as you work collaboratively in an international environment. Assigned interesting tasks and plenty of responsibility, we prepare you for your professional future. An exciting and varied period of training awaits you in a diverse working environment that still retains a family feel.
Talented young people are the key to our success - and you could soon be one of them.
During your four-year apprenticeship you can put your flair for form and color as well as your literacy to good use with us. You will support us in the following main areas:
- development of printed and interactive media products
- production of “AmongUs”, our in-house employee magazine (graphics, coordination and scheduling)
- preparation of data for our website and social media channels
- image and layout design and production of flyers, business cards and certificates
- development of graphics, diagrams, illustrations and videos.
At in-house events you also have an opportunity to show off your photographic skills and ensure unforgettable memories are captured.
During your four-year apprenticeship with us you will gain an insight into the varied aspects of the IT landscape.
Your main tasks include:
- IT support: close contact with colleagues, providing support with IT problems
- various IT projects: development, problem solving and documentation
- looking after the “easylearn” training platform on your own
- maintaining the infrastructure: developing data back-ups and automating software installations.
Depending on where you are working, your main focus changes in line with the infrastructure to be looked after. In Wolhusen you will focus more on the production and research network, while in Root the priority is on administration and IT support for international affiliates.
We offer the IT apprenticeship (VET) specializing in platform development.
During your three-year apprenticeship you will rotate between between different divisions and business roles as well as our offices in Root and Wolhusen.
- Back Office: in and outgoing mailing, contact person for incoming calls and customer management
- Procurement: Insight into the ordering process, negotiations with suppliers
- Accounting: Invoicing processes, expense claims
- Foreign Trade: Direct contact with our customers
- Communication: Drafting texts for internal and external platforms, support with social media
- Global Markets: Support international distributors during events and visits
We offer the commerical apprenticeship (VET) in the sector Service & Administration. The KV Reform 2023 also offers you four different options.
With an apprenticeship at Geistlich you will have the option to choose between all four.
As well as the regular business apprenticeship, there is an option for an apprenticeship with business English in collaboration with Verdia. There is also an opportunity to do a four-year program, spending the third year of your apprenticeship on an exchange as part of the “KV plus” program.
During your three-year apprenticeship you will switch departments every 12 months. In doing so you support the development process, from the idea all the way to the ready-for-sale product.
- Research and development: manufacture of prototypes and medical devices
- Process development: scaling up of manufacturing processes for large production facilities
- Quality control: analysis of interim and finished products for their purity and release
In your day-to-day working life, you plan experiments and use computer-operated diagnostic tools. You also carry out evaluations and document analysis and research results. At the end of the apprenticeship you will have completely mastered careful handling of glass goods and sensitive equipment, as well as conventional chemical methods.
We offer the laboratory assistant apprenticeship (VET) in Chemistry.
During your three-year apprenticeship you will perform the following tasks:
- accepting and inspecting materials and incoming goods
- goods storage using the forklift truck
- monitoring inventory levels and storage equipment
- stocktaking and inputting stock movements in SAP
- communicating and picking customer orders
- packing and preparing goods and dispatch documents.
Using the counterbalance forklift truck you arrange the materials and packages on site and support our production (cleanroom and packaging) with a supply of materials. You actively help out loading and unloading lorries.
We offer the logistics apprenticeship (VET) in Warehousing.