Orthoss Collagen is a highly purified natural bone mineral combined with native collagen, designed for orthopedic bone regeneration. Granules of cancellous bone mineral provide an osteoconductive matrix for bone regeneration. Natural collagen makes this composite material malleable.
Specially Combined for Bone Regeneration
Orthoss Collagen is a composite material characterized by a bimodal pore structure of micropores and macropores with high interconnectivity. 1 This structure gives Orthoss Collagen a large surface area, plus wettability and fluid retention capacity. 1
The collagen part of the material is resorbed within 1-3 months. Meanwhile, the slow resorption rate of the mineral scaffold provides a protective environment and volume maintenance during bone ingrowth.2,3
The large inner surface also results in exceptional osteoconductivity and osseointegration. The biofunctionality of the natural material further enhances bone ingrowth and vascularization.4,5,6,7
How to Use Orthoss Collagen
Orthoss Collagen must be used wet.
Do not use more than 3 blocks of Orthoss Collagen per defect.
- Data on file at Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.(Bench Test)
- Araujo, MG. et al. (2009). Clin Oral Impl Res. 21: 55-64.(Pre-clinical)
- Schlegel, KA et al. (2003). Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants.18(1): 53-8.(Pre-clinical)
- Schlickewei, W. et al. Hefte zur Unfallkunde,216,(1991).(Case series)
- Bereiter, H. et al. (1991). Hefte zur Unfallkunde,216.(Expert opinion)
- Rohner, D. et al. (2013). Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 42(5): 585-91.(Case series)
- Trevisiol, L. et al. (2012). J Craniofac Surg. 23(5): 1343-8.(Case series)
- Nandi, SK. et al. (2010). Indian J Med Res. 132: 15–30.(Review)