New studies confirm the good performance of Yxoss CBR®
How do you handle requests for bone height augmentations of 3.7 mm and more? A recent study by Sagheb et al.1 demonstrates good outcomes for 17 patients with a total of 21 different regions who were treated with Yxoss CBR® (ReOss Ltd., Filderstadt, Germany) combined with Geistlich Bio-Oss® and autologous bone (1:1 ratio). Here some highlights:
- Vertical bone gain of 6.5 ± 1.7 mm1
- Horizontal bone gain of 5.5 ± 1.9 mm1
- 100 % of implant survival after a mean follow-up of 12 ± 6 months1
A customized and innovative 3-D-printed solution
Yxoss CBR® is a 3-D-printed titanium scaffold engineered and developed for customized treatment of patients with complex alveolar ridge defects, and it combines the advantages of 3-D imaging, planning tools, and 3-D printing. For more Information about the main characteristics and advantages of Yxoss CBR®, click here.
Yxoss CBR® Backward: A scaffold as surgical guide
Performing regenerative procedures together with a surgical guide for correct prosthetic implant positioning is also possible. During a simultaneous approach or at the time of reopening, Yxoss CBR® Backward, with its pre-existing openings, can serve as a surgical guide for the positioning of the implant pilot drill. Further implant insertions steps can be performed after the removal of the scaffold.
Yxoss CBR® in combination with Geistlich Bio-Oss® and Geistlich Bio-Gide®
Yxoss CBR® technology allows combined autologous and xenogeneic bone graft augmentation:
- Autologous bone combines osteogenesis, osteoconductivity and osteoinductivity.2
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® protects the grafted bone volume due to the low resorption rates, and supports rapid and integrated bone growth thanks to its osteoconductivity.2-4
- Geistlich Bio-Gide®, as a preserved native bilayer structure, protects effectively the graft from soft tissue ingrowth5 and mechanical dislocation.6
A wide range of tools
Geistlich offers a comprehensive portfolio of tools, which will help you to discover the surgical procedures using a 3-D animated movie, and details of the ordering process and product features. In addition, can you learn more from an expert? EXACTLY. The product brochure includes 10 cases from leading clinicians with surgeries and concepts adapted for differing bone defects.
Visit our dedicated website to stay up-to-date!
- Sagheb K, et al.: Int J Implant Dent 2017;3(1):36.
- Galindo-Moreno P, et al.: Clin Oral Implants Res 2014;25(3):378-84.
- Buser D, et al.: J Periodontol 2013;84(11):1517-27.
- Testori T, et al.: Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 2013;33(4):467-75.
- Becker J, et al.: Clin Oral Implants Res 2009 ;20(7):742-9.
- Annen BM, et al.: Eur J Oral Implantol. 2011 Summer;4(2):87-100.